4 bedroom house, sleeps 2-8 people
DAR BEIDA (The White House), is a very cool 4-bedroom villa situated at the back of Essaouira's fortified medina near Bab Doukkala with the food quarter pretty much on your door step, just 10-minutes walk to Essaouira's long sandy beach.
The New York Times cited Dar Beida as “A glowing Pop Art cavern...” Brimming with funky 60's furniture, animal skins and artisan Moroccan folk pieces. It really is one of the funkiest spaces in Morocco. This magical 4-bedroom house is like a curvy white spaceship with a mix of mod plastic furniture and animal skins and skulls… a pre-historic pop-art cave. An incredibly clean and bright cave, mind you!
An organic modern living space has been moulded around ancient sandstone columns and thuya wood ceilings and then a mix of eclectic colourful lighting and furnishings has been added, mainly from the 1960's era.
The house is built around a central courtyard and comprises 4 storeys:
Ground level: There is a library connecting to a chill out room with fire place. Out in the courtyard is a rest area.
1st floor: There is an open plan fully equipped kitchen/diner at one end, a living space with stereo/books/games in the middle and two fire places and a moulded bedroom and wetroom towards the back.
2nd floor: Features two double bedrooms with pod fire places in each. One of these rooms has stairs up to the bed (perfect for teenagers). In between the bedrooms is a very large curved wetroom with skylight. Walk straight out onto a large roof terrace, which has a very rustic sun shade area and family-sized seating and a couple of sun beds.
3rd floor: Go up to the top floor, to a double bedroom with glass fronted doors folding out onto a private terrace with a sink moulded into the wall. Small seating area – perfect for a couple.
- Rented as whole house, no other guests!
- The house is cleaned daily
- Luxurious and spacious bedrooms
- Master bedroom with private roof terrace
- 2 large bathroom
- Outdoor dining and chill out spaces
- Open plan kitchen/diner
- Open fire + complimentary firewood (initial load)
- Sun beds
- Wireless Internet
- Bose sound dock for use with your own iPod
- A huge selection of books, CD's and board games for use during your stay
- A house phone is available for your use (local calls only)
- Complimentary arrival package, includes: tea, coffee, water, milk, sugar and a fruit basket
- Guest towels and beach towels are also provided for use during your stay
- An information pack with a restaurant guide, information on Hammams, horse riding, quad biking and other activities is provided.
- A home cooked Moroccan feast anytime during your stay (upon request, charges apply - approx. £10 per head)
* Exclusively for guests staying for a minimum of one week.
- £900 per week (min. 7 nights)
- £300 per person, per week (min. 3 people)
- Children under 4 years stay for FREE
Help and Advice
Special attention has been made to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Help and advice for anything you may need is provided. Your host will arrange a personal tour (on foot) of the local hot spots and Medina area, if required.
Transfers to and from Marrakech can also be arranged upon request. Please contact us for more infomation.